Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Summer Vacation

I am happy to be back in the Stonecircle office here at 488 Gladstone Avenue. I was away for a few weeks on vacation. I was a busy man during that period, taking care of many things that I would have otherwise not been able to handle if I was in the office. I will give you a quick rundown of my busy time away.

Kory and Alison's new place
Before leaving for vacation I had indicated that my wife Alison and I had looked at a house that we really liked, and in my super efficient manner, I had purchased it (conditionally) by Monday. With the purchase coming three days before leaving for British Columbia, we had to fulfill all of the conditions prior to leaving. That meant obtaining approved financing, having an inspection and taking care of anything that resulted from that inspection. This all had to be completed on top of five baseball games (at night), helping my wife with the library (what happened to books on tape?) at her school and golfing. Needless to say after a hectic three days, all was completed.

In case you are wondering, the house is a three-bedroom, two and a half bathroom townhome.

First hole - Redwoods
Early Wednesday morning rolled around and it was off to British Columbia to celebrate Alison’s aunt’s 10th wedding anniversary (congratulations!). However, for me, this meant an uncomfortable plane ride, jetlag, and missing baseball games. But, it wasn’t all bad, by using the marketing skills that I have developed and honed during my almost three years with Stonecircle (blog article for that to come Sept. 14), I was able to secure a free round of golf at the beautiful Redwoods Golf Course in Langley, BC.

Following my five-day trip in British Columbia, I returned to Ottawa played golf a few times, enjoyed Ottawa’s War Museum, and played in a baseball tournament. All things considered, I am not sure if I really had a vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please review our comments policy, posted here: http://ccg-ourtimes.blogspot.com/p/comments-policy.html

Comment Moderation has been enabled; your comment will be reviewed by the Editors before posting. Our kids, parents, spouses, friends and clients read this site. So please be nice.