Monday, July 11, 2011

Dear Jim Bell...



To the Editor of Nunatsiaq News:

I must express in the strongest possible terms my disappointment at the disparaging headline published online in today's Nunatsiaq News, which alleges that Polar bears and the Irish are linked through cross-species mating.

While I have the highest possible regard for polar bears, I cannot countenance this appalling suggestion. Speaking as a Canadian whose father was born in Co. Cavan, I can assure you that the Irish have NEVER engaged in highly inappropriate relationships with polar bears, or, for that matter, with ANY mammal of the Ursidae family. To suggest otherwise, sir, is scurrilous. On behalf of all Canadians of Irish descent, I demand an immediate retraction and apology.

It may well be that members of the Polar Bear community are equally offended by this appalling allegation, but I shall let them speak for themselves.

Yours, etc.

Terry "Paddy" Rudden

1 comment:

  1. You make a good point. However, I'm still wondering how my Irish Cream coffee got so creamy.

    ReplyDelete

Please review our comments policy, posted here: http://ccg-ourtimes.blogspot.com/p/comments-policy.html

Comment Moderation has been enabled; your comment will be reviewed by the Editors before posting. Our kids, parents, spouses, friends and clients read this site. So please be nice.