Friday, November 04, 2011

Overheard at AANDC

This dialogue took place yesterday afternoon in the Eddy Street offices of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada (AANDC). The applicant's name has been changed to protect the Anonymous Stonecircle Employee.

Anonymous Stonecircle Employee: Hi, I'm supposed to come in and renew my status card.

AANDC Representative: Do you have your birth certificate?

Anonymous Stonecircle Employee: No, but here's my status card.

AANDC Representative: Sorry, you can't apply for a status card without your birth certificate.

Anonymous Stonecircle Employee: I have my status card right here. It has my picture on it. It's valid.

AANDC Representative: Sorry, you must have your birth certificate.

Anonymous Stonecircle Employee: Doesn't this prove I'm an Aboriginal person?

AANDC Representative: Yes, it does.

Anonymous Stonecircle Employee: A Canadian Aboriginal person?

AANDC Representative: Yes, it does. But I still need to see your birth certificate.

Anonymous Stonecircle Employee:Aboriginal person: To prove I was born?

And so forth.

h/t  Anonymous Stonecircle Employee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please review our comments policy, posted here: http://ccg-ourtimes.blogspot.com/p/comments-policy.html

Comment Moderation has been enabled; your comment will be reviewed by the Editors before posting. Our kids, parents, spouses, friends and clients read this site. So please be nice.